Licenses ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9 must renew this year. Your expiration date can be verified at http://www.arkansas.gov/pels/search/search.php If the expiration date shows 30-Jun-21 it will expire Wednesday, June 30, 2021 and there is no grace period. If your records indicate differently, please call our office.
What you need:
• Your Username & Password for PELS
• Debit/Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) or echeck
• PS Licensees - The number of PDH earned between 7/1/2019 - 6/30/2021.
Effective 9/1/2020, a Professional Surveyor is required to have at least two PDH of AR Standards of Practice No. 1 for Property Boundary Surveys and Plats for each renewal period. For more information, visit Article 19 of the Board’s Rules.
- Access - PELS at https://pelslicensing.arkansas.gov
- Login - with your Username and Password
- Click –License & Application Information-Individual
NOTE IF YOU SEE “NO RECORD FOUND”, STOP AND CALL OUR OFFICE FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE!!
- Click – “Renew” to the left of the license you are renewing and follow the instructions until you come
to the Confirmation/Transaction page.
- Your Renewal is complete upon receipt of your Transaction Number and License Sheet with your
new expiration date.
- Print or save the confirmation page which is emailed to you as this is your receipt.
You may renew online thru December 31, 2021. NOTE – Licenses renewed after the expiration date incur late fees.
Effective with the 9/1/2020 Rule change, a Professional Surveyor must have at least two PDH of AR Standards of Practice No. 1 for Property Boundary Surveys and Plats (Minimum Standards) for each renewal period as part of the 30 PDH requirement.
A Professional Surveyor (PS) may now be exempt (from the Continuing Education Requirement) if the PS is at least sixty (60) years of age AND has twenty (20) years of licensed experience.
For more information, visit Article 19 of the Board’s Rules on our website or call our office.
National Surveyors Week (March 21-27, 2021) is a celebration of the land surveying profession. The Goal is to raise awareness of the land surveying profession by educating the public through classroom contact, media, and visible public service.
National Surveyors Week was proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan, on February 13, 1984 and is a cooperative effort between the NSPS and the surveying societies across the country. For more information visit NSPS on their facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/nationalsurveyorsweek or website – https://www.nsps.us.com/page/NSW
Global Surveyors’ Day-2021, will be celebrated Online Tuesday, March 23, 2021. This Global Event – established in 2013 by NSPS and CLGE, endorsed by FIG – recognizes the ground-breakers, pioneers, individuals, and industry that have shaped our history. For more information including how to register, visit https://surveyorsday.com/ .
So take some time this week to honor the hard work our surveyors provide by participating in National Surveyors Week and attending Global Surveyors’ Day 2021!
The Office of the Arkansas Attorney General has issued an Emergency Advisory regarding a telephone scam targeting Arkansans who hold a professional license issued by the state. Imposters are posing as agents of the licensing office with claims that the licensee is under investigation and their license has been suspended. The licensee’s caller ID may even display the licensing office’s phone number. To further attempt to appear legitimate, the caller may pretend to be a law enforcement officer or transfer the call to another person posing as a law enforcement officer or federal agent. The caller then offers to "fix" the problem by requesting personally identifiable information and payment, likely a gift card from a local retail store. Additional information, including how to report a scam call you received, is located in the full Emergency Advisory: Emergency Advisory to Arkansas Licensing Agencies, Board, and Commissions of an Imposter Scam.
The Board has posted AR State Specific Exam Sample Questions with Answer key on the Exam Information page of our Website.
Founded by NSPE in 1951, Engineers Week (February 21–27, 2021) is dedicated to ensuring a diverse and well-educated future engineering workforce by increasing understanding of and interest in engineering and technology careers.
Date: Sunday, February 21, 2021 to Saturday, February 27, 2021
For more information contact NSPE at Engineers Week 2021 | National Society of Professional Engineers (nspe.org)
The Arkansas Historic Preservation Program (AHPP) has certified the inclusion of the Zero Milestone Monument into the Arkansas Register of Historic Places on 12/2/2020. The Zero Milestone is located in front of our office at 623 Woodlane St., Little Rock, AR. To read the full story visit: https://www.pels.arkansas.gov/historic-zero-milestone-monument/
Due to scheduled system maintenance, PELS will be unavailable tonight - Monday, December 7.
- Start time: 6:00pm
- Estimated End time: 10:00pm
Joseph "Joe" T Clements, passed away on November 1, 2020. Read full Obituary
A Professional Engineer and Attorney, he retired from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in 1996 and later as Executive Director of the Arkansas State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors in 2007.
After retiring, he was a Sergeant at Arms for the Arkansas Senate. He was a Fellow and Life Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers and a member of the Arkansas Bar Association. A 59-year mason, his service to the fraternity was recognized by many honors, including the Grand Lodge Medal of Honor, the Fay Hempstead Award from the York Rite of Arkansas, the 33° (HON) of the Scottish Rite, and past Presiding Officer of the Grand York Rite bodies of Arkansas. His hobbies included family history, woodworking, fishing, and traveling with Julie and their friends.
A private family funeral at Christ Episcopal Church will be live-streamed at 1030 a.m. on November 4, 2020. It can viewed on the Christ Church Little Rock Youtube page at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQaO1d7_H-p3xxHRoP0jaRg
(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQaO1d7_H-p3xxHRoP0jaRg) Interment with Masonic graveside service will follow in Mount Holly Cemetery.
For licenses that end in a 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8, the Renewal Period opened on November 1, 2020. Expiration dates can be verified at http://www.arkansas.gov/pels/search/search.php. If the expiration date shows 31-Dec-20 then it will expire Thursday, December 31, 2020 and there is no grace period. If your records indicate differently, please call our office. Online Renewal Instructions:
- Access - PELS at: https://pelslicensing.arkansas.gov.
- Login - with your PELS Unique Username & Password.
- Choose: either "License & Application Information - Individual" OR "Certificate of Authorization - Firm
- "IF YOU SEE "NO RECORD FOUND" STOP AND CALL OUR OFFICE 501.682.2824
- Click: "Renew" to the left of your license you are renewing.
- Follow the instructions, for payment you will need a Debit/Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) or eCheck.
- Your renewal is complete upon receipt of the Confirmation page-which contains your Receipt (Transaction Number) and new expiration date. Print/save for your records.
- Your Receipt is also emailed and available on the Receipts screen within PELS.
The Rules of the Board has been revised and will be effective Tuesday September 1, 2020. A summary of the changes may be found in this document: ASBLPEPS-Purpose and Summary of Rule Change.
The Final Rule (effective September 1, 2020), Summary of all written and oral comments and the agency response, and Financial Impact Statement are posted on the Rules/Laws/Standards page of our website.
The Board office has reopened. We remain committed to the health and safety of visitors and employees and ask that you Do NOT visit our office if you:
- Have a fever of 100.4°F or greater in the last 2 days.
- Have a cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell.
- Have had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days.
All visitors will be screened prior to entry. If you have questions, staff may be contacted by calling (501)682-2824.
Entry can only be accessed through the front entrance AND after the screening process.
Face masks are required for entry and must be worn at all times when inside the building.
LEGAL NOTICE OF RULEMAKING
The Arkansas Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors (The Board) a Division of the Arkansas Department Labor & Licensing at 623 Woodlane Dr., Little Rock, AR, 72201 is proposing amendments to its Administrative Rule.
The proposed Rule Amendments will: 1) delete Board duties that will be performed by the Secretary of Labor and Licensing, pursuant to Act 910; 2) delete character requirements such as “good moral character” and “moral turpitude” in compliance with Act 990; 3) amend reciprocity/comity requirements for all applicants who hold substantially similar licenses in other states, pursuant to Act 1011; 4) amend temporary license, in compliance with Act 426 and Act 1011; 5) expedite licensure for military and their spouses pursuant to Act 820; 6) clarify/expedite the license process by allowing the Board ‘s Director to conditionally approve, subject to Board ratification, all qualified applications; 7) amend Board permission to take exams; 8) remove specific college course/hour curriculum requirements for original surveyor applicants; 9) clarify that licenses are renewed biennially; 10) for Professional Surveyors, require at least 2 hours of Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) in the Standards of Practice No.1 for Property Boundary Surveys and Plats when renewing; 11) clarify when/where the seal of an individual/firm must be used; 12) move all licensure-related provisions under Article 8; and 13) delete obsolete fees, duplicative/unnecessary provisions; and update/clarify terminology.
A copy of the proposed revisions can be accessed on The Board’s website (/), requested via email (email@example.com), or obtained from The Board’s office at the above address. Written comment will be accepted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (501)682.2827, or mail (to The Board address) through June 20, 2020 at 4:30 p.m.Posted on 05/20/2020 by Linda Stone
Governor Asa Hutchinson has declared a public health emergency in response to the outbreak of COVID-19.
As such, the office of the Arkansas State Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers & Professional Surveyors is closed to all public access from 3/23/2020 until further notice.
You may contact essential board staff via email email@example.com or phone (501.682.2824).
If you are an applicant and/or licensee, you are encouraged to access the online database PELS at https://pelslicensing.arkansas.gov/
We appreciate your patience during this crisis and look forward to serving you.Posted on 03/23/2020 by Linda Stone
- In response to COVID-19 restrictions and increasing concern for the health and safety of our examinees and staff, the Arkansas Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors is postponing the April 2020 Arkansas State Specific Exam. When we are able to proctor the April 2020 exam safely, we will inform the examinees and post the exam date. We will reschedule giving the examinees plenty of notice to study and arrange travel. If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org/19/2020
NCEES has informed the Arkansas Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors that Pearson Vue test centers will be closed for 30 days (March 17 - April 16, 2020). NCEES will be working with Person Vue to reschedule Computer Based Test examinees.
If you have questions please go to NCEES for the latest information on exams in response to COVID-19. https://ncees.org/covid-19/03/17/2020
The Arkansas Board of Licensure of Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors was notified today that due to increased concerns related to the coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), the NCEES paper-in-pencil exams scheduled for April 17-18, 2020 have been CANCELED. Follow related updates through the NCEES website at ncees.org/COVID-19.
CBT examinees are directed to visit Pearson VUE for the latest updates. 03/13/2020
Registration for the pencil-and-paper April 2020 PE exams is open until 3:00 p.m. (EDT) tomorrow, February 20.
Registration for the computer-based FE, PE, FS, and PS exams is open year-round.
The October pencil-and-paper PE, SE and Arkansas State Specific Exams are Friday and Saturday, October 25th & 26th! You've studied hard for your exam(s), now how prepared are you to enter the exam room? Test yourself with these questions:
Do you know know which calculators are approved for the exam and more importantly is yours on the list? Acceptable calculators are
- Casio: All fx-115 and fx-991 models (Any Casio calculator must have “fx-115” or “fx-991” in its model name.)
- Hewlett Packard: HP 33s and HP 35s models, no others
- Texas Instruments: All TI-30X and TI-36X models (must have “TI-30X” or “TI-36X” in its model name.)
Do you know the three most common reasons examinee's are turned away from a test site? Is your ID current and valid, where is your exam authorization, and how will you prevent a late arrival? Reasons are: (1) Expired or invalid ID; (2) No exam authorization form; and (3) Late arrival.
Reviewing the NCEES Examinee Guide and the Arkansas State Specific Examination Policies & Procedures beforehand can help make your exam day a success!10/21/2019
Licenses ending in 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9 must be renewed this year. Your expiration date can be verified at http://www.arkansas.gov/pels/search/search.php If the expiration date shows 31-Dec-19 then it will expire Tuesday, December 31, 2019 and there is no grace period. If your records indicate differently, please call our office, otherwise, to renew your license you need:
•your Unique Username & Password –
•Debit/Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) or echeck
1. Access: PELS at https://pelslicensing.arkansas.gov
2. Login: with your Username and Password. A Username and Password may be established by clicking “Click here to Register” on the login screen.
3. Click: License & Application Information – Individual
(NOTE IF YOU SEE “NO RECORD FOUND”, STOP AND CALL OUR OFFICE FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE!!)
4. Click – “Renew” to the left of your license and follow the instructions until you come to the Confirmation/Transaction page.
5. Your Renewal is complete upon receipt of your Transaction Number and License Sheet with your new expiration date.
6. Access your email and either print or save the confirmation page which is your receipt11/01/2019
Board Members who attended the 2019 NCEES Annual meeting in Washington, DC were (Left to Right) Ivan Hoffman, Brian Moore, David Beasley, and Kyle Salyer.
The meetings below will convene in the offices of the Board 623 Woodlane Dr, Little Rock, AR, 72201
August 5, 2019 at 1:00pm - Rules Committee
August 6, 2019
9:00am - Complaint Committee
10:00am - Special Board Meeting. Agenda to be posted in our Newsroom at least 7 days before the meeting. Agenda 2019
Please call (501)682-2824 for additional information.07/23/2019
Licenses ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9 must renew this year. Your expiration date can be verified at http://www.arkansas.gov/pels/search/search.php If the expiration date shows 30-Jun-19 then it will expire Thursday, June 30, 2019 and there is no grace period. If your records indicate differently, please call our office, otherwise, to renew your license you need:
- •Internet access•your Unique Username & Password –•Debit/Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) or echeck1. Access: PELS at https://pelslicensing.arkansas.gov2. Login: with your Username and Password. A Username and Password may be established by clicking “Click here to Register” on the login screen.3. Click: License & Application Information – Individual(NOTE IF YOU SEE “NO RECORD FOUND”, STOP AND CALL OUR OFFICE FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE!!)4. Click – “Renew” to the left of your license and follow the instructions until you come to the Confirmation/Transaction page.5. Your Renewal is complete upon receipt of your Transaction Number and License Sheet with your new expiration date.6. Access your email and either print or save the confirmation page which is your receipt