PE & PS Application Deadlines:
For an Original License (your first license) by exam, the deadlines for applications are:
Spring Exams – January 1 Fall Exams – July 1
Please visit NCEES for FS, PS, FE, and PE exam details including dates, format, and exam specifications.
The AR State Specific Examination for Professional Surveyors is administered by the Board. Please contact our office for further details.
- NCEES Exams – National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- AR State Specific Exam Study Materials – available from the:
- Division of Land Surveys Office website;
- AR State Board of Licensure for PE’s & PS’s;
- Bureau of Land Management – Manual of Surveying Instructions (2009)
If You Took A Fundamentals Exam (FE or FS):
- and passed; If you want an Intern license, apply online through PELS. Applications are reviewed for licensure after we receive all required documentation. Visit the Engineer Intern or Surveyor Intern page of our site for additional information.
- and failed; Log into your www.ncees.org account and follow the instructions to register again. Authorization from the Arkansas Board is not required to retake an FE or FS exam.
If You Took A Priniciples & Practice Exam (PE or PS):
- and passed; A license letter will be e-mailed and a wall certificate suitable for framing will be ordered and sent to you.
- and failed; Contact the Arkansas Board to receive details on how to take the exam(s) again and register with NCEES.