Professional Surveyor (PS) – Licensure Overview
APPLICATION & INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: Offering to perform, contracting for or initiating surveying services prior to the applicant or his firm becoming licensed may be a violation of the Board’s Laws and Rules. If a violation occurs it could subject the applicant to disciplinary action (Article 14 AR State Laws & Rules of the Board eff. September 1, 2020).
Which license do you seek?
- Comity License – An Arkansas license based upon a current license in another state.
- Original License – This will be your first license, and you will take the Principles and Practice of Surveying (P&PS) & AR State Specific Exam.
All Professional Surveyor applications are reviewed during Board meetings. Meetings are held in January, March, May, July, September, and November.
How to Apply – The instructions below pertain to those who wish to obtain a P.S. License. COMITY applicants, if you have an NCEES council record, the instructions outline which forms we will accept from your record:
- Online: Apply for a License Online | Online Application Instructions. Complete the online application, forward your verification(s) and reference forms to the appropriate parties, and pay your fees.
- Paper: Paper Application and Instructions WORD | PDF Payment must accompany your paper application. Applications will be returned if these instructions are not followed.
Fees – All fees shall be non-refundable unless waived by Board action and must be received before the application will be reviewed.
- Comity License – application $200.00 for application. If approved, you’ll receive instructions regarding payment of the $100.00 AR State Specific Exam fee.
- Original License – $75.00 and after approval;
- $100.00 for the AR State Specific exam,
- PS exam fee(s).
Payment – how you pay is based upon how you applied:
- Online: credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) or e-check.
- Paper: check (personal, company or bank) or money order payable to PELS Board.
Application Status – Your application will be marked as “Incomplete” until the submitted information has been verified. Upon successful verification, the application will be reviewed and you’ll receive an email regarding the decision.
Examinations – The NCEES PS exam is administered year-round, the Arkansas State Specific exam is given in APRIL and OCTOBER. Application completed AFTER the following deadlines will be retained until the next testing date.
- APRIL – The application must be completed by JANUARY 1st.
- OCTOBER – The application must be complete by JULY 1st.
Exam Results –
AR State Specific Exam – Will be e-mailed from the Board
|Criminal History Form – IF APPLICABLE – Download and complete the form electronically. Submit the completed form and court documents via email to: email@example.com||PDF Fillable Form|