Engineer Intern (EI) – Licensure Overview
APPLICATION & INSTRUCTIONS
How to Begin – Before you apply you must have already:
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam: AND
- Graduated from an Engineering Accredited Commission of ABET (EAC of ABET) degree program or its equivalent as defined in Article 8 of the AR State Laws & Rules of the Board (eff. September 1, 2020).
How to apply – Online or via Paper:
- Online: Apply for a License Online | Online Application Instructions. Complete the online application, forward your verification(s) to the appropriate parties, and pay your fee.
- Paper: Paper Application and Instructions WORD | PDF Payment must accompany your paper application. Paper applications will be returned if these instructions are not followed.
Fees – All fees shall be non-refundable unless waived by Board action and must be received before the application will be reviewed:
- Application: $50.00
Payment – Type is based upon how you applied:
- Online: credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) or e-check.
- Paper: check (personal, company or bank) or money order payable to PELS Board
Application Status – Your application will be marked as “Incomplete” until the submitted information has been verified. Upon successful verification, the application will be reviewed and you’ll receive an email regarding the decision to:
- Interview – at a future Board meeting
- Approve –For license
- Reject –