Certificate of Authorization (COA) – Licensure Overview
AMENDMENT, APPLICATION & INSTRUCTIONS
NOTE: Offering to perform, contracting for, or initiating engineering and/or surveying services prior to the applicant or his firm becoming licensed may be a violation of the Board’s Laws and Rules. If a violation occurs it could subject the firm to disciplinary action (Article 14 of the AR State Laws & Rules of the Board eff. September 1, 2020).
Which COA do you seek?
- Amendment – An amendment is required if the firm changes its:
- Name; or
- Responsible PE and/or PS designated as being in charge of engineering and/or surveying. These changes shall be filed with the Board within thirty (30) days after the effective date of said change.
- New License – The firm does not have an existing COA license on file with the Arkansas Board.
- Reinstatement – The Firm has been non-Renewed for more than two years.
How to Apply – via Online or Paper:
- New License: Apply for a License Online | Complete the COA and Checkout screens.
- Amendment and Reinstatement: Paper Application and Instructions WORD | PDF Payment must accompany your paper application. Applications will be returned if these instructions are not followed.
Fees – Are non-refundable unless waived by Board action and must be received before the application will be reviewed.
- Amendment – no fee
- New License Application – $150.00
- Reinstatement – $300.00 ($100 reinstate, $200 Dues/late penalties)
Payment – Type is based upon how you applied:
- Online: credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) or e-check.
- Paper: check (personal, company or bank) or money order payable to PELS Board.
Application Status – Your status will be “Incomplete” until the submitted information has been verified. Upon successful verification, the application will be reviewed and you’ll receive an email regarding the decision to:
- Approve – for license;
- Reject –