SURVEYOR APPLICANTS - Effective January 1, 2017 you must have a degree as outlined in the document below.
Download PDF Document
Important Information Regarding Surveyor Licensure Changes in Arkansas
• In 2009, the Arkansas Legislature passed Act 392 that would change licensing requirements for Surveyor Intern and Professional Surveyor applicants beginning January 1, 2017.
• The Act does not provide for licensing by experience after January 1, 2017. Applicants will only be able to qualify for licensure by education after this effective date.
• Licensure under the current rules means that the applicant has met all requirements for licensure, been approved by the Board prior to January 1, 2017 to take the appropriate exams, and will be licensed upon successfully passing the exam.
• If the applicant was qualified and approved by the Board to take the exams prior to January 1, 2017, the applicant has until January 1, 2020 to pass the exams before being required to submit another application under the new rules.
• The last Board meeting approving applications prior to the rule change will be in November 2016. Therefore, the application deadline for qualifying with “experience only” under the current rules is October 7, 2016.
• If you have any questions, please contact the Arkansas Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Professional Surveyors at PELSBoard@Arkansas.gov or (501) 682‐2824.
Posted on 03/22/2016