VERIFICATION OF EXAM(S)/PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER (P.E.) LICENSE:
If you need verification of your Arkansas license or examinations foranother jurisdiction you're applying to, it may be possible to do it in anexpedited manner electronically by visiting NCEES License/ExamVerification. If the state is listed, select that state and supply the requestedinformation. If it's not listed, please complete their form and forward to theBoard's office via email, fax, or USPS.
APPLICATION & INSTRUCTIONSNOTE: Offering to perform, contracting for or initiating engineering services prior to the applicant or his firm becoming licensed may be a violation of the Board's Laws and Rules (A.C.A.§17-30-305 and Article 16). If a violation occurs it could subject the applicant and or firm to disciplinary action and fines and/or delay or prohibit the applicant or firm from becoming licensed.How to Begin - There are four ways to access an application, online, download, by mail or email. By far the easiest, fastest, and most user friendly is to click here to Apply for a License Online! The Complete Licensure Packet (bottom of this page) can be downloaded then printed or saved, or requested by mail or EMAIL. The FREE Acrobat Reader is required to view and print the PDF document (click HERE to obtain the Acrobat Reader program).
How to apply - The instructions below pertain to those who wish to obtain a P.E. License.
- Online: complete the online application, forward your verification(s) and reference forms to the appropriate parties, and pay your fees.
Which license do you seek?
- Paper: Payment must accompany your paper application which is mailed to the Board's office. The PE complete licensure packet located at the bottom of this page contains instructions for completing the forms. COMITY applicants, if you have an NCEES council record, the instruction page lists which forms we will accept from your record. Paper applications will be returned if these instructions are not followed.
Fees - All fees shall be non-refundable unless waived by Board action and must be received before the application will be reviewed:
- Comity License - An Arkansas license based upon a current license in another state.
- Original License - This will be your first license and you will take the Principles and Practice of Engineering (P&PE) Exam.
THE PROCESS STARTS BY PAYING YOUR APPLICATION FEE. IF YOU REGISTER WITH NCEES BEFORE THIS STEP, YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT EXAM IN SIX MONTHS. Payment - how you pay is based upon how you applied:
- Comity License - $200.00
- Original License - $ 75.00 and after approval, you'll receive an email with instructions about paying your PE exam fee TO NCEES.
- Online: credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) or e-check.
- Paper: check (personal, company or bank) or money order payable to PELS Board.
Application Status - Upon successful verification of submitted information, the application will be reviewed and you'll receive an email regarding the decision to:
- Interview - The Board may request an interview (Article 11.C).
- Approve -
- Comity: For license
- Original: For license subject to passing the P&PE Exam
- Reject Your application and the reason why.
Examinations - Are given in APRIL and OCTOBER any application completed AFTER the following deadlines will be retained until the next testing date.
- APRIL - The application must be completed by JANUARY 1st.
- OCTOBER - The application must be complete by JULY 1st.
Exam Results Notifications - Will be e-mailed from NCEES.
APPLY ONLINE FOR A P.E. LICENSE
Through Professional Engineer Licensing System (PELS). If this is your first time accessing our online services through PELS you'll need to create a "New Online User" account and password by clicking on the link.
Licensure Packet -The P.E. Complete Licensure Packet below is for APPLICANTS WHO WISH TO SUBMIT A PAPER APPLICATION AND PAYMENT and contains all documents needed.
|P.E. Complete Licensure Packet with instructions | WORD | PDF |